Charles Hard Townes Demographics:
- Born - July 28, 1915 (Greenville, South Carolina)
- Wife - former Frances H. Brown (married in 1941)
- Daughters - Linda Rosenwein, Ellen Anderson, Carla Kessler, & Holly Townes.
- Nationality - American
- Father - Henry Keith Townes, attorney.
- Mother - Ellen (Hard) Townes
- Researcher at University of California, Berkeley.
- Won the 1964 Nobel physics prize for his work on lasers.
- Built the Infrared Spatial Interferometer at Mount Wilson Observatory in southern California.
Image credit: Sir John Templeton Prize page
Tags: Charles Hard Townes - Greenville - South Carolina
Posted by ALCHEssMIST - Alchemipedia - Cetacographer - Nirvana - Tags alliance.